I’ve had a lot of requests for some flavoured frostings and Nutella has to be one of the most popular choices. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made this frosting over the last few years (I feel like I should be sponsored by Nutella!)
This Nutella frosting is so easy to make and it taste heavenly. It’s smooth, creamy and full of Nutella flavour.
This recipe is enough to top 12 cupcakes.
200g unsalted butter, room temperature
200g icing sugar, sifted
400g Nutella spread
1tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Pinch of salt
30ml double cream
1. In a mixer, beat the butter on a medium speed until smooth, thick and creamy. You want it to look pale and have a double cream consistency.
2. Next add the icing sugar and on a low to medium speed, beat together until combined and creamy.
3. Add the vanilla, Nutella and salt to the bowl and beat together until everything has combined.
4. On a slow speed, add the double cream to the frosting and mix until everything has been well incorporated. If you find the mix is still too thick add a bit more cream or whole milk. If you find the frosting is too soft, chill in the fridge for 30mins.
5. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and either swirl onto your cupcakes or use to decorate a cake or other bakes of your choice.